As I spend my last weekend in Uganda trapped in a hot office and battling mosquito, I wonder if anybody will actually read the report... I've made every possible effort for it to be both useful to Save staff and written in a friendly manner so those (meaning everyone) who does not have the time to read everything can find what they need. Will I succeed in this? I sure hope so, as I can think of a lot of better things to be doing on my last weekend in country.
But to spice things up, I am going to try and post a few pictures from my last day in Rwanda. It was spent at the Kigali Genocide Memorial, where a mass grave of over 250,000 movingly overlooks the city where many of the atrocities occurred, walking approximately 12 miles out of the city to a recommended snack shack that was continually 'tout pres', and having a final drink at a car wash that also served as a bar. At this final stop, we found we has seriously miscalculated our remaining money when Lorin tried to pay for our food in Congolese Francs. Thankfully, we had just enough and the manager offered to drive us back to the motel (as we could no longer afford even a short ride on the back of a motorcycle taxi)....


1 comment:
I'd love to read it if you can put it on your blog or establish a link to it!
Post a Comment