Friday, August 29, 2008

Farewell to Uganda...

This is my final post on this blog... After returning to Nakasongola from Rwanda/Congo, work picked up substantially as students in the agro-processing project hit the field and I prepared my final report. In between my farewell goat roasting party (where I wore the obligatory African dress) and watching Lorin slaughter her first chicken, I managed to type up some 67 pages of observations on Save's Agriculture and Livelihoods programming. After a lively presentation to Save's Ugandan Directors, I flew back to New York; my final year of my masters program starts Tuesday. I still have significant editing left to do, and I will be keeping my eye on the student projects, but I am finding myself almost immediatly swallowed back into student life. I look forward to drawing upon all my experiences in Uganda during the year ahead and hope to be back soon!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you made all your writings into a book I would totally buy it. Plus copies for friends.

Anonymous said...

Farewell.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Hey Sean...I work for a NGO in Karamoja and am just getting a woman's vocational group up and going. I would love to try soap-making and saw that you used moringa seeds? Any chance you might be able to email me with more info about the process, or even with contact info for your colleagues who might be able to instruct me on how it all works? I will be in Kampala tomorrow through next week, and perhaps could stop by for a visit and tutorial. :)
Thanks Sean! My email is kvandermerwe@spuganda.org.

-Kristi