The primary project I will be overseeing for Save during the next month, a collaborative pilot between The impetus behind their work is to start small agro-processing businesses with the farmer groups, while building the capacity of our beneficiaries on post harvest handling, processing and marketing techniques. The Makerere students have already conducted one previous field visit and since then have been testing potential products in
During the course of this pilot, the students will be blogging about their experiences. There are three separate blogs: The Kewerimide Marketing Group, the Katugo Marketing Group, and the Irima ‘Out of School’ Youth Marketing Group. I encourage everyone with an interest to check them out!

3 comments:
After having a blog for too long without a list of links, I've finally put up a 'Web Readings' section on the side bar of www.ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com and I’ve linked to you.
Thanks!
SL (Glenna)
Some recent posts...
Thinking twice about political blogs in Uganda
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/07/thinking-twice-about-political-blogs-in.html
The problem with African Woman magazine: From Fistula to Fab!
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/07/problem-with-african-woman-magazine.html
Housing in Kampala
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/07/housing-in-kampala-part-ii.html
Newspaper Dating Adventures
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/07/newspaper-dating-adventures.html
Lunch at Luzira Prison
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/07/luzira-prison-at-lunchtime.html
Kevin Carter, the Kireka Quarry, and Karamoja: thoughts on the limits of photography
http://ugandascarlettlion.blogspot.com/2008/06/kevin-carter-kireka-quarry-and-karamoja.html
Looking forward to the blogs and to the responses of the students to the activities in which they are involved. The conference to look at the post harvest use of solar dryers, dehydrators etc. all sound like they are at the core of efforts to gain some control of that end of the food chain!! I'll be excitedly following your progress.
I love your blog so much, and there are just some differences with others'. Hope there will be more wonderful things in your blog. Happy every day!
-----------------------------
Dissertation Writing
Post a Comment